Monday, December 08, 2014

Free Books for Gift Giving


At this point in my professional life, at my advanced age, most of what I do professionally is teach workshops and write—mostly write. I don't write for money. All my writing income is given to charity: animal rescue, research on animal health, and civil liberty education (over $500,000, so far).

I write to pass along what I've learned, just as others have passed along their learnings to me. My goal is to reach as many readers as possible. Consequently, I'm always trying to think of ways to reach new readersm, and for this holiday season, I've thought of a way you can help me reach that goal.

Here's the deal. When you buy one of my ebooks, you can easily copy that book and give it to your friends and colleagues. If my primary interest was the money, I wouldn't be happy to know you're copying the ebook. But, although I do want money to go to my charities, I'm pleased that that a free copy has gone to someone who might otherwise not even know it exists.

So, this year, when you buy one of my books, I encourage you to copy it and give it to someone who might otherwise not know it, or could not afford it.

Yes, I know you could do this without my encouragement, but I also know that some readers don't feel right about taking something for free. And, generally, that's not entirely honest, so I'm not encouraging you to do this for other authors without their permission. But for my books, you have my permission, so go ahead and copy with a clear conscience.

(If you want to "pay" me, drop me a little email note saying how many free copies you distributed. That will satisfy my curiosity, and might encourage me to make this offer every year.)


BARGAIN BUNDLES

To make this offer even more attractive, remember that I'm offering a list of bargain book bundles from Leanpub.com. Take a look at the books in each bundle by clicking one of these links:
Experiential Learning (3 volumes @$45)


Fable Bundle (2 volumes @$7.99)


Residue Class Mystery Series (3 volumes@$11.99)


Quantum Stringer Series (3 volumes@$14,99)


The Testers Library (8 volumes@$49.99)


Secrets of Consulting  (2 volumes@$14.99 )


Quality Software  (11 volumes@$49.99)


General Systems Thinker Bundle (5 volumes@$29.99 or less)


Requirements  (2 volumes@$14.99)


Using these bundles with the copying offer, you'll be able to fulfill an enormous gift list with minimal expense.

1 comment:

Griffin Jones said...

Jerry - I like this idea and will purchase a big bundle of books to share with people that are asking for help.